Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Week 4 | Joseph

The Joseph story is rich in with personal applications for us as men to grab a hold of. Joseph is man we can emulate. He is one of the heroes in the Story. Remember these traits we chatted about today.

Joseph was skilled in his work. He was good at what he set out to do.

Joseph was faithful to God in good times (management position), temptation (Potifer's wife situation), and bad times (10 years in prison).

Joseph forgave his brothers. They didn't deserve it. He still did it.

Joseph saw God's big picture. God made something good out of evil. God was fulfilling his promise to Abraham by getting Jacob and boys to Egypt.

Any questions? How is this story landing on your life?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess what really hit me is how Joesph was consistently committed to following God in everything. Even though he did not know the outcome, he knew God was in control and trusted Him despite his doubts. Just my thoughts

David K

Stephen said...

well said, David. I have appreciated this group overall, but Chapter 3 was particularly powerful for me personally. I was struck by God's constancy and Joseph's focus and faithfulness regardless of circumstances. I can only describe my relationship with God over the past several years as 'distant.' However, through Joseph's story, I am reminded that the distance in my relationship with God has been a function of my own doing. My tag line for this Chapter is 'Distance does not imply Absence.'